Education Support Program (ESP)
Education Support Program (ESP) builds on the institutional achievements made by ERP 1 in strengthening the local educational structures to support teacher professional development and community involvement in educational decision making and quality improvement. It also seeks to enhance the MOE capacity for crisis contingency planning so that political and social disruptions to the school system in the future can be well managed, thus reducing the negative impacts of such disruptions.
ESP will strengthen civil society’s capacity to respond to current and future system fragility by enhancing the MOE’s ability to support and strengthen BOTs, which in turn would be able to address school system needs at the community level. As part of the process of strengthening community response capacities, ESP will support a competitive small grants program that will enable areas most impacted by the economic and social disruptions to pay school fees and address the lost opportunities to learn caused by closing of schools and the lack of security. ESP will also address the MOE’s need to provide rapid upgrading of the skills of recently hired assistant teachers while strengthening local capacities to respond to this need. Additionally, ESP will support processes that enhance the MOE’s ability to respond to fragility in the future. All of our efforts will emphasize further increasing women’s participation in governance processes and girls’ access to and retention in school.
Provide general administrative support (timesheets, vacations, office logistics …)
- Organize and maintain project files; maintain electronic and paper records
- Coordinate logistics related to domestic travel, training events, functions and meetings
- Answer telephone and route calls promptly.
- Greet visitors and make waiting time as comfortable as possible after notifying pertinent individual.
- Sort and distribute mail to all department heads.
- Prepare, send, document courier pouch.
- Maintain office, mailroom and stationeries supplies inventory.
- Copy, collate, bind, and mail company material upon management request.
- Help prepare material as required by Regional Director, Finance Manager and Human Resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Supervision of drivers and office assistants
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least three years experience working with an international organization(s) in Egypt
- University degree in a relevant field with post-university job experience
- Oral and written English language proficiency required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must; willing to assist the ESP team to set up systems and tools in order to perform effectively as individuals and as a team
- Have project support experience, along with an interest to get involved in many different levels and aspects of project coordination and management.
- Proficiency in computer skills required (Microsoft applications, Internet).
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and ability to establish priorities
- Ability to track down information and troubleshoot
- Must be an Egyptian national
- Knowledge of/experience with USAID-funded projects preferred but not required
Applicants should email a copy of their CV, and a cover letter by April 15, 2014. The email subject must contain the relevant job title.